John F. McCormick
John McCormick graduated from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 1974. His undergraduate degree is from Notre Dame (BA ’66). He has over thirty years of trial experience representing persons who have been injured by defective products, medical negligence, and vehicular crashes. John is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating from this national attorney rating service.
John served as a senior Adjunct Settlement Judge for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma from 1988 until 2009. He also conducts private mediations and arbitrations. He is a Master Emeritus in the Hudson-Wheaton Chapter of the American Inns of Court.
John is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. The American College membership is by invitation only to trial lawyers who have mastered the art of advocacy and whose professional careers have been marked by the highest standard, or ethical conduct, professionalism, civility, and collegiality.
John is also recognized in Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers publications. He served as a member of the Professional Responsibility Tribunal of the Oklahoma Bar Association. He is also a member of the Tulsa County Bar Association where he served as the Chairman of the Fee Arbitration Committee, Ethics Committee, Grievance Committee and a member of the Board of Directors. He is a member of the Oklahoma Association for Justice and American Association for Justice.
John also served as a naval flight officer and judge advocate, U. S. Marine Corps (1967-1971; 1974-1976).
John is admitted to practice in Oklahoma and California as well as the United State District Courts for the Northern, Western, and Eastern Districts for Oklahoma, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas, the U. S. District Court for the Southern District of California (San Diego), as well as the Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Product Design Defects
- Premises Defects
- Vehicular Crashes (trains, automobiles, motorcycles, and trucks)
- Vehicular Defects (post collision fuel fed fires and roof crushes)
- Medical Negligence (obstetrics, anesthesia, surgery, cardiology, emergency room)
- Asbestos producers and manufacturers (product liability)
- Silica producers and manufacturers (product liability)
- Material handling manufacturers (product liability)
- Public utilities (power line injuries and boating crashes)
- Governmental Entities (Vehicular crashes and premises liability)
- Property and casualty insurers (premises liability and bad faith)
- Automobile insurers (automobiles, trucks, buses, bad faith and contract)
- Health insurers (contract and bad faith)
- Trucking companies (vehicle crashes)
- Equipment Manufacturers (product liability)
- Employers (retaliatory discharge, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA))